How many kids is too many for a nanny share?

We’re currently looking for a nanny share, since it would make the cost of the nanny cheaper and have come across 1 other family that we really like. The situation is that they, like us, also have 2 kids that they would need care for.

I’m a little concerned that 4 littles ones might be a little bit too much for a single nanny to handle. Is this concern irrational or am I right to be a bit worried?

1 Like

I think it depends on the nanny. I know that if I was looking for a new nanny job, I would love to watch 4 kids because then they can all play together and sometimes that means that I get paid more. You should make sure the nanny is ok with it and also has experience wih more kids.

4 seems like a decent amount as long as the nanny can handle it

It really depends on the nanny’s experience and their promptness to establish a good routine. I have had many clients with 4+ children and had very little trouble carrying out my duties as well as going on educational outings, doctors visits and playdates. But I have heard many stories of nannies that had absolutely no clue what they were getting themselves into resulting in complete chaos. If the nanny seems like she often overwhelmed then she may not be the right fit for your group.