How do you search for a nanny?

Single mom here looking to hire a nanny for the first time and I’m not too sure where to begin when it comes to actually searching for one.

2 Likes

Usually, it is good to give some basic information about your child’s age, what they like and to also tell the nanny what hours the work will involve as well as if she has to have a car, etc. I hope that you will think about it as if you were in her position and what she would need to know to make an informed decision.

2 Likes

To add on to what @Laina60 said, it’s good to include some basic information about your child and what type of care you would like to have for them. You want to make sure that the nanny that you do choose is on the same page as you and your family, so make sure to provide them with the necessary information.

1 Like

@Laina60 @jempatt Thanks for the tips! I will definitely make sure to add that information to the job description

As a nanny, I agree with what the previous responder said about providing enough information to help the nanny make a more informed decision.